Core Values of Pine Street Church
Pine Street Church is a Christian faith community. We commit ourselves, individually and collectively, to these values to guide how we will act as we pursue God’s vision and mission for our congregation.
In our Acceptance and Hospitality we
- Value Jesus’ example of offering acceptance and hospitality to all.
- Welcome all into our fellowship with genuine friendliness and caring.
- Create an environment of physical, emotional, and spiritual safety for all.
In our Diversity and Inclusion we
- Value and celebrate the diversity of all God’s children.
- Welcome the participation of all people of any ability, gender, race, ethnicity, age, or sexual orientation.
- Believe that in sharing our similarities and differences of spiritual gifts, beliefs, biblical interpretation, talents, and life experiences, we learn from each other and become a healthy and vibrant church.
In our Understanding of Scripture we
- Value and look to Scripture for instruction, inspiration, and guidance.
- Encourage every individual to read the Bible as he or she feels led.
- Support each person’s freedom to understand and interpret Scripture through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, within the community of faith, and in light of one’s own experience, to discover the relevance of God’s Word for one’s daily life.
In our Spiritual Growth we
- Value authentic and creative worship.
- Create opportunities for study, stewardship, fellowship, and service, where every child, youth, and adult can become acquainted with the Good News of Jesus Christ.
- Commit to deepening our awareness of God’s love, forgiveness, and grace.
In our Mission and Outreach we
- Value our calling to share the love and compassion of Christ.
- Affirm the unique gifts that each individual brings to our community.
- Celebrate the priesthood of all believers, which acknowledges that while some are called to lead as ordained clergy, all are called to share their unique gifts in service to others through the church and wider community.
- Feed the hungry, house the homeless, respond to the urgent needs of those around us and abroad, and be Christ’s voice for justice in God’s world.
- Make love the underlying principle which guides our daily lives.
In our Creativity we
- Understand that human beings are created in the image of God and we are called to be creative.
- Believe that part of our mission as a community of faith is to help others discover God's creative purposes and their own creative potential, which ultimately benefits all.
- Nurture creativity in our ministries of the arts and education for all ages.
- Find solutions to challenges, opportunities for relationships, and renewal of our faith in God.
As an American Baptist Church we
- Affirm our ties to the American Baptist Churches USA and our region of the American Baptist Churches of the Rocky Mountains (ABCRM).
- Honor the rich history and tradition of mission work and social justice ministries.
- Long for the day when a person will be judged by the quality of their character, not the color of their skin, or any other differentiating characteristic.